Information We Collect
We may collect Personal Information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our team, we will receive your name, email address, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to receive alerts, we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
Careers. If you decide that you wish to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your education and employment experience. You may also apply through LinkedIn or Indeed. If you do so, we will collect the information you make available to us on those services.
Health-Related Information. When you use our App, you will be asked to provide some information related to your health, including, but not limited to, what medications you take, when you take your medications, and symptoms you are experiencing. For certain parts of the Services, you may also be asked to complete a health questionnaire or provide information related to diagnoses and treatment. If you would like us and our third-party partners to help deliver your medications, we may also ask you for your address, contact information, and information on your health plan and the pharmacy you usually use to fill your prescriptions.
Device and Location Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our App, including internet protocol (“IP”) address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, and device identifiers. We may infer your general location information, for example, by using your IP address.
System Logs and Usage Information. When you submit bug or crash reports, such reports may include system logs with your Personal Information, including health information. In addition, we automatically track events in the App and analyze such events to better understand how users are interacting with the App. Such events may include Personal Information, including health information.
Financial Information. We may collect financial information from you when you engage in certain transactions on the Website. For example, if you purchase a smart pill case from us, we may collect your credit card number, billing address, and other financial information to complete the transaction.
Device and Location Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Website, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, and device identifiers. We may infer your general location information, for example, by using your IP address.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Website and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Website, like the pages or other content you view and the date and time of your visits.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third-party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Website.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Website, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Website to their fullest potential.
Information from third-party services. If you choose to link our Services to a third-party account, we may receive information about you, including your profile information, your photo, and your use of the third-party account. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party accounts to learn about your options.
Blog Posts. If you decide to like (“clap”) or comment on our blog posts, we will receive the publicly posted user information to include your name, profile photo, the content of the comment or message you post, the other bloggers or Medium subscribers you follow, and the history of blog posts you’ve clapped at or commented on in the past. This information is publicly available to everyone viewing the website.
Background Checks. We may work with third-party partners to perform background checks on job applicants and receive publicly available information such as criminal history or driving records.
We use the Personal Information we collect:
• To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
• To personalize your experience on our Services such as by providing tailored content and recommendations;
• To understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
• To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
• For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
• To facilitate the connection of third-party services or applications that may be accessed through the Services, such as third-party telehealth services and prescription delivery services; Medium.com, where our blog is hosted; or social networks such as Indeed or LinkedIn;
• To facilitate transactions and payments;
• To find and prevent fraud, and respond to security, trust, and safety issues that may arise;
• For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
• For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with third-party partners, vendors, and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services or third-party features that may be accessed through the Services. These include third-party telehealth providers and pharmacies who help provide telehealth services and prescription delivery services to users of the Services.
Social Networks and Other Online Services. Our Services allow you to, upon your direction, share information with social networking services, such as LinkedIn, and Indeed. You understand and agree that the use of your information by any social networking websites will be governed by the privacy policies of these third-party platforms and your settings on that platform. We encourage you to review their privacy policies.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view and the dates and times of your visits.
Advertising Partners. We work with third-party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web- based personalized ads from member companies.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
• Sharing Personal Information. You may decline to share Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide you with certain features and functionalities of the Services.
• Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
• Cookies. You may decline to accept some cookies, but that decision may affect the functionality of the Services.
• Updating Personal Information. You may update or correct your Personal Information by contacting us.
• Requests for Personal Information. You may request information about, and access to, the Personal Information that we collect from you. You may also request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
• Deletion. You may request that we delete Personal Information that we have collected about you, to the extent that retention is not required by law.
• Privacy and Security Practices. You may ask questions or provide comments about our privacy and security practices with respect to your Personal Information.
To exercise any of these options or for additional information about our privacy and security practices, please refer to the “Contact Information” section below.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and you wish to remove content that you publicly posted, you may submit a request by contacting us at email@example.com. Removing the public content does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information.
If you reside in California and have provided your personal information to us, you may request information once per calendar year about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us in writing at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use our Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: August 24th, 2020